Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: California Dreamin'

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AlexG

    sounds good!
    I'll start thinking of some good places to visit. Theres plenty of places out here, just make sure to bring your camera!

    Scott

  2. #12
    Inactive Member robertshults's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2001
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex,

    San Diego and San Francisco each have two HI hostels. In each city there is one downtown (Gaslamp Quarter in SD, Union Square in SF), and one in an outlying area (Point Loma in SD, Fort Mason in SF) For environment, scenery, and overall cool atmosphere, Ft. Mason and Pt. Loma are wonderful. However, for accessibility, efficiency, etc. the downtown locations are superior. Personally, I really enjoyed my time at the Ft. Mason hostel. I should point out that Pt. Loma is 6-7 dollars cheaper for HI members than the others. San Fran has many other independent hostels also, and I'm sure San Diego does also. I haven't hostelled in LA but there are three HI hostels ther. email the Los Angeles Council of HI-AYH at [email protected]
    Godspeed.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member AlexGfromUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    the responce to this has been great, thanks everyone. I will be in San diego sometime on the 9th of july, and ready to explore and begin my holiday properly by the 10th, thanks for all your kind offers!

  4. #14
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    Warning, this is a shameless plug. Please do not read further, otherwise you will subjected to...a shameless plug.

    Alex, if you happen to be in the LA area on July 14th at llpm...KCOP channel 13 will be airing a one-hour version of the local LA EMMY awards...of which I received an EMMY (along with four co-horts) for producing and directing an opera video (FAUST).

    I don't know how much of us getting our award they will show, if any (approximately 40 awards were given out)

    This concludes my "Shameless Post" message. You may now re-avert your eyes.

    -Alex

  5. #15
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    So, how is your trip going?

    -Alex

  6. #16
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    Calling all Alex's, where are you...is your trip over...did you meet up with Scott?

    Did he give you some of his excess girlfriends....Did you go by the name of Ben?

    -Alex

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex-

    Alex Gregg is probably on his way to San Francisco by now. I met up with him a week and a half ago. Check under the topic of "sound cartridges", its a few replys down, you'll see it.
    Great kid with a bright future.

    Scott

  8. #18
    Inactive Member AlexGfromUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wow,

    I havent been here for over two weeks and my topic is at the top of the list! Thanks very much scot, for th compliment as well as the hospitality! I am back home now, I actually did'nt have time to go anywhere further than LA in the end, I went there for two nights and one day and had a kind of guided tour round the area, conducted by charles (chas UCLA) and his wife who were also kind enough to let me stay with them (thanks again). Right now I'm checking around the internet to see whats been going on in my absence, which is the most energetic thing I am fit to do after being awake for well over 30 hours getting back to england with a cheap connection flight.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Hey Alex!

    Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound.
    Talk to ya soon.

    Scott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •